Chaplain/Spiritual Wellbeing Coordinator
Residential Aged Care Community – Werribee
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven organisation focused on delivering the best of care to people of all ages, cultures, beliefs and circumstances. Through our social enterprise model, we deliver better outcomes for more than 13,000 people in our community, combining the best commercial practice with a social heart.
Baptcare has more than 2,000 dedicated staff across Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania to deliver the best of care to people in Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, In Home Care, Family and Children Services, Affordable Housing and Disability Services.
About the role:
Baptcare has a professional spiritual care team of over 25 Chaplains / Spiritual Care & Wellbeing Coordinators and over 70 trained pastoral care volunteers working in all service areas. We are looking for an experienced, articulate and competent Chaplain/Spiritual Care Professional to work as part of the staff team at our Wyndham Lodge Community purpose built residential aged care facility in Werribee, Vic. From early 2019. Tasks include:
- Initial and subsequent appraisals of the religious, pastoral and spiritual wellbeing of a person and/or family.
- The provision of support and spiritual guidance to individuals which may include establishing a relationship and practical support and/or advocacy, death, end of life and bereavement support.
- Informal ritual and worship activities for individuals or small groups, plus more formal expressions of public worship and ritual.
- Education tasks including the training and development of staff and volunteer Pastoral Visitors in spiritual care principles and practice.
- Strong liaison and relationship building with local churches and other and faith communities especially in the training and support of pastoral care visitors and community events.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in providing pastoral/spiritual care to people in a community context.
- Experience in successfully training/managing/supervising volunteers
- Experience and skills in administrative duties including data collection and reporting on outcomes
- Experience in effective leadership within a mainstream Christian faith community or community development leadership or experience would be desirable.
- Spiritual and theological maturity and open-mindedness and an understanding of a range of religious and spiritual traditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to explain the practice and possibilities of pastoral and spiritual care to people from varied backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word
- Certified Membership of Spiritual Care Australia will be highly regarded
People enjoy working with us because we are values-driven and whole person focused organization that cares about the community. Strong awareness of, and wholehearted commitment to Baptcare’s vision and values is essential.
- Not for profit salary packaging available
How to apply:
Please visit our website to view the Role Statement at www.baptcare.org.au
As part of your application please address the selection criteria from the Role Statement and submit your application using the online ‘apply now’ button.
Please forward queries to:
Email: Geoff Wraight, Pastoral Care Manager Email: email@example.com
Applications close: 15th January 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal
History check and Working With Children Check.