Spiritual Care Worker/Coordinator
Family & Community Services - Hobart
Permanent Part Time (3 days per week)
About the Organisation:
Baptcare is a purpose driven organisation focused on delivering the best of care to people of all ages, cultures, beliefs and circumstances. Through our social enterprise model, we deliver better outcomes for more than 13,000 people in our community, combining the best commercial practice with a social heart.
Baptcare has more than 2,000 dedicated staff across Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania to deliver the best of care to people in Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living, In Home Care, Family and Children Services, Affordable Housing and Disability Services.
About the role:
Baptcare has a professional spiritual care team of over 25 Chaplains / Spiritual Care & Wellbeing Coordinators and over 70 trained pastoral care volunteers working in all service areas. We are looking for an experienced, articulate and competent Chaplain/Spiritual Care Professional to work as part of the staff team in Southern Tas Family and Community Services based at our Moonah (Hobart) Office. Tasks include:
- Initial and subsequent appraisals of the religious, pastoral and spiritual wellbeing of a person and/or family.
- The provision of support and spiritual guidance to individuals which may include establishing a relationship and practical support and/or advocacy, referral and guidance.
- Education tasks including the training and development of staff in spiritual care and missional principles and practice.
- Strong liaison and relationship building with local churches and other and faith communities, including a strong community development orientation.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in providing pastoral/spiritual care to people in a community or social work context.
- Experience and skills in administrative duties including data collection and reporting on outcomes
- Experience in social work or community settings (including local faith community leadership) is desirable.
- Spiritual and theological maturity and open-mindedness and an understanding of a range of religious and spiritual traditions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to explain the practice and possibilities of pastoral and spiritual care to people from varied backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as part of a team
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word
- Certified Membership of Spiritual Care Australia will be highly regarded
People enjoy working with us because we are values-driven and whole person focused organization that cares about the community. Strong awareness of, and wholehearted commitment to Baptcare’s vision and values is essential.
- Not for profit salary packaging available
How to apply:
To apply for this position please visit our website to view and respond to the role statement. When ready to apply you must click on the link below “Apply Now”. You will need to be ready to upload a Cover Letter along with your full Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In your Cover Letter you must address each requirement on pages 4-5 of the Position Description, see under Part C: Person Specification: including Key Selection Criteria, Qualifications and Other. You will also want to attend to the Skills and Experience listed here immediately above in your detailed answers. Applications that do not explicitly and sufficiently address each part of the person Specification will have a reduced likelihood of consideration.
Applications close: Thursday 14 February 2019 11:59pm AEST.
Please forward any queries to:
Spiritual Care Supervisor – Family, Community and Disability
0457 062 527
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Criminal
History check and Working With Children Check.